Geode is seeking a Senior Trade Operations Associate to become an integral member of our Trade Operations Team responsible supporting all trade operations for Trading, Portfolio Management, Finance and Compliance.
- Support daily ETF Operations, including basket creation and corporate actions processing
- Oversee daily Index Fund Operations, including daily cash flows, corporate actions, post trade matching and settlements.
- Liaise with various back-office and custody teams regarding trade settlement, corporate actions, and capital activity.
- Collaborate or identify continuous improvement opportunities within Trade Operations
- Prepare and reconcile monthly cash flows for use in fund performance attribution and management reporting
- Adhere to firm’s operation policies and practices, in addition to established processing controls and procedures
- Produce timely and accurate metric and other analytical reporting for Portfolio Management, Trading and other internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5+ years of related experience in operations including trade settlement and cash management, position reconciliation, security reference data maintenance and corporate actions
- Thorough understanding of portfolio accounting and security operations.
- Strong technical background and the ability to work independently
- Experience with SQL and VBA
- Experience with various asset classes including ETF’s, equities, fixed-income securities and derivatives
- Project management and/or system implementations experience
- Experience with EDM and/or IBOR systems and Security Master expertise
- Solid working knowledge of Excel, macros, database queries, and database reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience writing procedures/documentation
- Ability to work well within groups both large and small
- Responsible, disciplined, self-starter