Geode is seeking a Senior Quantitative Developer to build applications and quantitative data analysis tools in Java and SQL as well as developing seamless platforms to assess all aspects of risk analytics, optimization, and trade execution.
- Develops original and creative technical solutions to on-going development efforts.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system issues.
- Establishes project plans for projects of moderate scope.
- Designs software components for major projects and for/in multiple applications.
- Creates and maintains configuration and release management tools.
- Develops applications for multiple projects supporting several divisional initiatives.
- Evaluates software frameworks and third party software to meet current technology stacks.
- Develops proof of concept components to validate designed components and meet business requirements.
- Ensures developed software meets functional and non-functional requirements including: security, compliance, and performance.
- Responsible for post-installation testing of any problems.
- Works on complex assignments and often multiple phases of a project.
- Performs independent and complex technical and functional analysis for multiple projects supporting several initiatives.
- Mentors junior developers on software development activities and code reviews to ensure quality guidelines are met.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and five (5) of experience in the job offered or five (5) years of experience designing and developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies; Or, alternatively, Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience designing and developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies. Candidate must also possess: Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) designing and developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies: Spring, Hibernate, and Java’s concurrency package for multithreading; and developing web applications using Spring and Hibernate Framework, including Spring MVC, DAO, and Annotations based Hibernate mappings; DE creating and maintaining batch programs using UNIX, Perl, and Java for financial services clients; DE developing and fine-tuning new and existing database queries and packages to achieve maximum efficiency using PL/SQL to reduce querying time and load on RDMS products (Oracle, Sybase, or Microsoft SQL); and DE gathering business requirements from customers and translating them into technical requirements for technology groups; documenting technical requirement using JIRA; and following agile development processes to implement requirements using test driven development (TDD) methodology.