We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our staff and support the implementation of Markit Enterprise Data Management (EDM). This is a great opportunity to join our team and design and build lasting solutions that provide the firm with business critical data related to all aspects of the company. This role will work on mission critical projects to identify, analyze and map business requirements into technical specifications and implement solutions and processes that satisfy the growing business needs.
- Responsible for development, implementation, testing and documentation of Markit EDM security master, position & benchmark master.
- Interact with business subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data concepts in both technical and in business terms.
- Help develop detailed business requirements including workflows showing the data hierarchies along current state and future state of processes and data.
- Identifies specific business requirements, including cross-referencing requirements, articulated by multiple business areas.
- Development of data loaders - matching of data across different sources.
- Work with the business to design and develop the user interface.
- Create standards and best practices for the development team to follow
- Proactively identify major issues, risks and dependencies, and manage them to mitigate their impact.
- Document and communicate findings to both business and technical teams.
- Assist with problem support and resolution.
- Assist with Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery planning and testing
- Effectively functions and communicates within a team consisting of developers, systems analysts and business analysts
- Partner with other Technology groups to ensure quality standards are met
- 2+ years of IT experience as a business/systems analyst.
- 2+ years of experience with Markit EDM.
- Industry knowledge of asset management with a thorough understanding of financial data.
- End-to-end Markit EDM development experience including user interface design and development.
- Experience in testing and implementation of an EDM platform - Master Data Management or Security Reference experience a plus.
- Exposure to various data feeds from Bloomberg, Markit, S&P, FTSE, MSCI is highly desirable.
- Ability to write SQL queries, read and validate the design performed by the development team.
- Excellent skills in documentation, testing, problem solving
- Experience in agile development and deployment methodologies.
- Proactive and analytical with strong problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to work in a mission critical operations and systems support environment.
- Proven ability to partner with various internal departments to deliver superior customer service.
- Excellent time management skills.