Geode Capital Management, LLC is a global systematic investment manager with over $464 billion in assets under management across passive and active equity, equity-option based, commodity, absolute return, and asset allocation strategies. Our investment professionals employ advanced quantitative techniques seeking to uncover market opportunities applied within a disciplined framework, resulting in efficient access to market exposures for institutional and retail investors.
With a robust infrastructure and talented investment professionals, Geode offers its clients the scale of a large asset management firm, with the benefits of a versatile investment platform – flexibility and customization to provide the essential building blocks for today’s changing investment landscape. The firm is located in the financial district in downtown Boston and employs over one hundred and ten employees in an entrepreneurial and team-oriented environment.
The Quantitative Developer will work closely with portfolio managers and technical operations staff to build applications and quantitative data analysis tools in Java and SQL. The ideal candidate will combine a mix of multi-tier Java development, business analysis, and quantitative skills. The individual will be working with a small team of quantitative developers, a dev ops team, and the firm’s equity portfolio management teams. He or she will develop a seamless platform to handle all aspects of risk analytics, optimization, and trade execution. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting and resolving any systems related issues.
- Undergraduate or higher degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years professional software development experience in Java
- 3+ years professional Java programming experience and Java open source library and framework experience (Spring Boot, Hibernate, or similar frameworks)
- Strong professional SQL experience
- Linux/Unix shell programming experience helpful
- Front-office equity portfolio management or trading systems development experience is a plus
- High skilled technologist with quantitative research understanding
- Detail-oriented and solid communicator
- Willing to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team