Geode is seeking an experienced individual to become an integral member of our absolute return investment team. This position will be responsible for all aspects of portfolio management, including securities selection, risk management and trading of the portfolio.
- All aspects of portfolio management, including securities selection, risk management and trading of the portfolio.
- Develop relative value credit oriented trading strategies, conduct credit analysis and structure trades that are across fixed income and derivatives markets.
- Responsible for generating ideas, identifying risks and structuring trades and/or themes and events that are relative value driven.
- Help to develop analytical tools, risk and performance reporting for internal and external communication.
- Work collaboratively to bring the successful strategy and accompanying tools into production within the firm’s trading infrastructure.
- At least 5 years of experience in credit analysis with exposure to High Yield investments.
- Experience trading, structuring and managing risk and portfolios with a focus on outright Credit, Convertible and/or Hybrid securities is favorable.
- Experience implementing and using a range of risk hedging structures via the derivatives market.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills are a prerequisite as well as proficiency in using, building and improving decision support tools.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree (CFA preferred) with strong exposure to financial statement analysis and structuring relative value credit opportunities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication skills to effectively communicate complex thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative to work individually but also well within a team-based environment.
- Mature, ethical, intellectually curious.