Geode is seeking a Director, Sub Advisory Business Development to add to our Business Development team. This candidate is expected to develop and execute a strategic plan that identifies prospects across mutual fund, VA, multi-manager and other developing channels. This individual articulates Geode’s lineup of product solutions and is responsible for maintaining and expanding existing client relationships. An ideal candidate will have a track record of successful sales in the sub-advisory market with particular emphasis in the alternative and quantitative investment approaches.
- Manage relationships to build ongoing revenue opportunities
- Awareness of legal and compliance issues related to registered investment products
- Deliver effective presentations for new business and reviews and have the ability to manage meetings and deliver responsive follow up
- Effectively represent the full range of investment solutions offered by Geode
- Stay aware of market trends, new products to market, competitors' performance, searches in the marketplace, and any movement with current client portfolios
- Participate in industry conferences
- Demonstrated sales success to sub-advisory clients
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree or professional designation (CFA, CAIA, etc.) a plus.
- 5-10+ years’ experience in investment sales
- Excellent sales, networking, negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, results focused
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification, analytical and resolution skills
- Strong ability to interact with all levels of staff. Must be able to maintain relationships that will relate to the overall success of the established firm goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of investment management
- Awareness of legal and compliance issues related to registered investment products.
- Travel required