Geode is seeking an experienced Director, Risk & Performance to become an integral member of the Finance team overseeing risk management, performance reporting and attribution. The Director, Risk & Performance has responsibility for the firm’s risk management function and is reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. This individual develops and executes policies and procedures that mitigate various types of risk including portfolio and security risk, pricing and valuation risk; credit and counterparty risk and execution and trading risk. The individual works with portfolio management, business development, research, finance and compliance on risk management and performance measurement issues. The Director serves as an advisor to the firm in the areas of enterprise risk management and will provide insight and guidance in aligning business strategy while identifying and managing risks.
- Overall responsibility for risk reporting
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing and communicating risk related policies and procedures
- May design, develop or test quantitative/analytic models to help monitor and manage risk
- Responsible for monitoring and / or analyzing risk exposures on a day to day and long-term basis
- Reviews performance attribution analytics, manages the performance team and interacts with counterparties on risk related issues
- Responsible for the development, oversight and implementation of attribution methodologies and internal / external risk reporting frameworks.
- Prepare and present risk related items to the Risk Management Committee
- Seven or more years of risk management and/or performance reporting or related investment management experience.
- Knowledge of performance attribution and characteristics including benchmarks composition
- Experience managing teams
- Knowledge of finance/accounting principles, practices and reporting
- Knowledge of and experience with equity markets, ETFs, derivatives, tax-efficient and hedge funds trading strategies and market characteristics
- Solid understanding and experience with Excel; experience with SQL preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent required
- MBA or certified in enterprise risk management is a plus
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication skills to effectively communicate complex thoughts and ideas to all levels of the organizationAttention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing (deadline-oriented)
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Initiative to work individually but also leading a team of analysts