Work with business owners, data governance stakeholders, and the IT department to identify and document key data elements, including metadata, lineage, and business rules for in-scope systems. Engages data stewards for each data subject or business area.
- Builds and maintains business glossaries and data definitions for data domains.
- Builds business data lineage for applications and data domains.
- Collaborates with development teams to identify and record changes in the data life cycle.
- Coordinates the development, documentation, and implementation of data quality policies, procedures and standards to ensure a high level of asset-related data integrity.
- Creates metrics to measure data quality targets and conducts policy reviews to ensure procedures and metrics are effective.
- Assists in developing standards, policies, and processes regarding data stewardship and governance.
- Enforce controls required to meet audit and regulatory needs.
- Ensures organizational awareness of policies for reporting incidents of poor data quality or data conflict.
- Maintains firm wide report catalogue and implements data governance around them.
- Implements and maintains data governance artifacts including business glossary, data lineage, metadata capture, and data quality metrics using Data Governance toolsets.
- Implements data quality rules and master data management (MDM) using Markit EDM Tool or similar toolset.
- Analyzes and profiles various domain data using Microsoft SQL Server.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3) years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience implementing data governance programs within the financial services industry, including data management, analysis, and quality control; Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and one (1) year of experience in the job offered or one (1) year of implementing data governance programs within the financial services industry, including data management, analysis, and quality control.
Candidate must also possess: Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) designing and implementing enterprise data governance solutions to provide: KDE identification, multi-entity business glossary, data lineage, impact analysis, data quality rule creation, data management standards, and policies and procedures using IBM Infosphere and Metadex toolset; and performing data transformation of distribution of data feeds using Microsoft SQL Server and Informatica data tools -- PowerCenter, Metadata Manager, and Analyst; DE gathering business requirements and implementing master data management solutions (data sourcing, profiling, and data match rule creation) using Informatica MDM tool; and providing end users with mastered data using Informatic Data Directory; DE performing risk data certification on enterprise wide applications based on BCBS239 regulatory guideline to reduce and measure operational risks and reduce probability of loss; and governance implementations in compliance with Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) and stress testing requirements; and DE implementing data governance programs using Data Governance toolset -- Data3Sixty, Collibra, Informatica, and IBM IGC