Geode is seeking a commodity specialist with minimum 3 years of experience in researching and/or managing systematic commodity portfolios. Prior expertise in managing fixed income and/or TIPs portfolio is a plus.
In this role, the successful candidate will implement a disciplined systematic commodity investment process across several mandates and client objectives. Responsibility also entails collaborating with the research team to enhance portfolio construction/optimization methods, model portfolio risk, attribution and exposures and contribute to signal research, development & maintenance. The candidate will also aid the business development and client service team to effectively communicate the strategy and strengthen relationship.
- At least 3 years of experience in quantitative commodity research and/or commodity investment management
- Experience trading, managing risk and investing daily shareholder cashflows
- Experience investing the collateral in fixed income securities
- Experience across a range of security instruments such as futures, options, swaps and other derivatives
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills are a prerequisite as well as proficiency in foundational knowledge of financial and statistical principles
- Experience with statistical analysis software tools such as R
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required - CFA or Master’s degree is a plus
- Mature, ethical, intellectually curious
- Diligent, detail oriented and collaborative
- Works well independently as well as part of a broader portfolio and investment team