Geode Capital Management is seeking an Assistant Controller who, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer, will direct and oversee financial activities of Geode including oversight of company financial reporting, budgeting, budget forecasts, FP&A, board reporting, treasury functions, certain regulatory reporting, and certain client reporting. The position provides a unique opportunity to join a small finance team in a rapidly growing business. This position will also work with other members of the senior management team, and work in a collaborative manner across the firm to achieve business goals.
- Direct the preparation of management company financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to unit holders, and tax returns;
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for the management companies. Analyze budget and forecasts vs. actual results;
- Oversee the firm’s accounting function;
- Prepare financial reports and materials for the Geode Board of Directors;
- Prepare management fee invoices and review and approve management company expenditures;
- Ensure proper cash management controls;
- Provide technical accounting support, prepare accounting memos and policy, review financial reporting developments and changes to GAAP guidance as needed;
- Oversee, review and prepare certain client reporting, as needed;
- Support Legal and Compliance with regulatory filings, as needed;
- Manage, hire, coach and motivate direct reports. Evaluate performance and provide feedback for growth opportunities;
- Manage and lead continuous process improvement initiatives, evaluate opportunities for improvement, prioritize initiatives and manage projects to successful completion;
- Enhancements to internal controls and systems, interacting with Internal Audit and external auditors for control testing;
- Ad-hoc requests from Senior Management.
- CPA required, CFA preferred;
- Significant years (7+) of experience in financial management including managing portfolio performance and attribution;
- Big 4 public accounting experience required;
- Strong exposure to investment systems and database technology (SQL);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical, computer and organizational skills;
- Master's degree in business administration, accounting, or finance preferred;
- Mutual Fund, SMAs, or Hedge fund experience preferred;
- Strong communication & people skills, detail orientation & analytical nature. Team player;
- Strong knowledge of investment instruments of all types and markets.